Robin L. Brunschon-Chief County Assessment Officer
110 East Sycamore Street, Sycamore, IL 60178
Hours: 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
DeKalb CCAO Mission Statement: Our goal here at the DeKalb Chief County Assessment Office, is to provide to the constituents of DeKalb County accurate, efficient, and timely assessments of property valuation. In order to achieve this goal, the Chief County Assessment Office serves the resident taxpayers of DeKalb County with assessing their property value in accordance with the Property Tax Code (35ILCS200).
What we do for DeKalb County:
- Coordinate the assessor's activities
- Prepare, maintain, and update the cadastral maps for the County by recorded documents
- Review, revise, and make assessment corrections as shall appear to be just
- Calculate and apply equalization factors for all townships
- Publish yearly assessment changes for each township and publishes all assessments in a general reassessment year (quadrennial year)
- Maintain all assessment exemption information and ownership records for all property in the County
- The Assessor also serves as Clerk to the County Board of Review, and acts as chairman of the County Farmland Assessment Review Committee