Full Time Legal Secretary B
January 25, 2017
The DeKalb County State's Attorney's Office has an opening to fill a Full-Time Legal Secretary B position.
This is a unionized position under AFSCME with a 35 hour work week. Office hours are 8:30-4:30 with an
hour for lunch.
The State's Attorney's Office acts as the prosecutor in all criminal and traffic cases in DeKalb County,
operating out of the DeKalbCounty Courthouse in Sycamore, Illinois. In addition, the State's Attorney
acts as the legal advisor for the County Board and represents the County and County wide elected
officials in civil lawsuits.
The office employs six full-time people in the position of Legal Secretary B, who all provide secretarial
and clerical support services to assist the 13 staff attorneys in the performance of the many and varied
functions of the Office. Many assignments involve considerable contact with courthouse personnel,
police agencies, crime victims and witnesses.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Understanding of the judicial process;
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office;
- Excellent public, employee and community relations skills;
- Ability to maintain confident and/or sensitive information;
- Must exercise good judgement, courtesy and tact at all times; and
- Ability to understand and follow complete oral and written instructions as well as multi-task.
This position offers a salary range of $13.20 - $14.09 per hour, commensurate with experience.
Please send a completed DeKalbCounty employment application, available at www.dekalbcounty.org.
and a resume to:
DeKalb County State's Attorney's Office
133 West State Street, Sycamore, IL 60178
Phone: 815-895-7164, Fax: 815-895-7101