Regional Office of Education
Frequently Asked Questions
- Question...How do I register my Professional Educator License in DeKalb County?
Answer…..If you are not currently registered in any region:
Answer…..If you are currently registered in another region
- Go to www.isbe.net and login to your ELIS account.
- From the Action Center box on your home page, select Registrations. It will appear in blue highlighted lettering.
- Choose your license and click on "Register the License Only."
- Follow the wizard format including payment of $61.75 for the remainder of this school year plus 5 additional years.
- DeKalb County is Region 16
- You may register your license in additional regions at no extra charge. You must be registered in the region in which you work.
1. Go to www.isbe.net and login to your ELIS account.
2. From your home page, click on blue tab called "My Credentials."
3. Choose the license you need to register.
4. Click on "Register in an Additional Region."
5. DeKalb County is Region 16.
6. There is no additional charge to register in multiple regions.
- Question...What are the qualifications to become a substitute teacher?
- Answer...You must possess a valid Illinois Professional Educator License. If you do not, you must have earned a Bachelor’s Degree from a recognized college or university.
- Question...I do not possess an Illinois PEL but I have a Bachelor’s Degree from a recognized college or university. How do I become a substitute teacher in DeKalb County?
- Question...I have a valid Illinois PEL. How do I register to become a substitute teacher in DeKalb County?
- Question...How many public school districts are there in DeKalb County?
- Answer...There are eight public school districts in DeKalb County. Below are listed the school district central office phone numbers:
- Genoa-Kingston CUSD #424 815-784-6222
- Indian Creek CUSD #425 (Shabbona and Waterman) 815-824-2197
- Hiawatha CUSD #426 (Kirkland) 815-522-6676
- Sycamore CUSD #427 815-899-8103
- DeKalb CUSD #428 (Cortland, DeKalb and Malta) 815-754-2350
- Hinckley-Big Rock CUSD #429 815-286-7575
- Sandwich CUSD #430 815-786-6229
- Somonauk CUSD #432 815-498-2315
- Question...How many private schools are there in DeKalb County?
- Answer...There are five private schools in DeKalb County. Below are listed the main office phone numbers:
- Cornerstone Christian Academy (Sycamore) 815-895-8522
- Montessori School of DeKalb 815-758-6822
- St. Mary Elementary (DeKalb) 815-756-7905
- St. Mary Elementary (Sycamore) 815-895-5215
- Somonauk Baptist School (Somonauk) 815-498-2312
- Question...What is the Kishwaukee Intermediate Delivery System (KIDS)?
- Answer...KIDS is a consortium of three Regional Offices of Education (ROE)—Boone-Winnebago ROE, DeKalb ROE and McHenry ROE. The KIDS consortium provides staff development to educators and administrators in the four county area. The web site of KIDS http://kidsroe.org/ (which also includes a section on the DeKalb ROE)
- Question...For statewide educational information, what is the web site of the Illinois State Board of Education (ISBE)?
- Answer...The web site of the ISBE is http://www.isbe.net. Under the Teachers/ Administration section, Teacher A-Z, click on Educator Licensure