Senior Assessment Freeze Information
The last date to apply has expired.
Date: December 31, 2018
To: DeKalb County Senior Citizens age 65 and older
From: Robin Brunschon, Chief County Assessment Officer
2018 PTAX-340, Senior Citizen’s Assessment Freeze Homestead Exemption Applications were mailed December 31, 2018 to seniors who have previously participated in the exemption program. Seniors are encouraged to file the applications as soon as possible.
Senior Citizen’s Assessment Freeze Exemption:
- Allows qualified senior citizens to freeze their assessment at a base year value
- This exemption must be renewed annually
The requirements for the exemption are:
- The owner must be 65 years of age or older
- Have lived in their property at least the last two January firsts
- Have a total household income of $65,000 or less for the 2018 year
Applicants MUST bring for proof of income:
- Their 2018 social security statement (1099)
- The front page of their 2018 Federal Income Tax form (1040)…or….
- If you do not file income tax, bring ALL income, pension and interest statements for 2018.
Application forms and assistance completing the form are available at:
Chief County Assessment Office
DeKalb County Administration Building, 4th floor
110 East Sycamore Street
Sycamore, IL 60178
Please call 815-895-7120 for assistance or further information.
The Senior Assessment Freeze Exemption is not a pay-back program and should not be confused with the Real Estate Tax Deferral Program available through the DeKalb County Treasurer’s Office.