Official Government Website
Departments: County Clerk & Recorder

Marriage or Civil Union Records

Who Can Get These Records?

Marriage records are available to those named in the record, family members or an individual acting as an agent or legal representative of a person named in the record.

Marriage or Civil Union Records become genealogical records after 50 years. To access our Genealogical Records, you may do so online at or you may request the record by mail using the Genealogy Request Form


Order online! It’s fast, easy, safe, and convenient. Most orders are processed within 24 to 72 hours. This option includes overnight delivery. Click here to Order Online.


Please make sure you download the appropriate form and return with correct payment. Incorrect payment will delay your request.


In the area and need certified copy today? Visit us in person at the Clerk & Recorder’s Office. We accept cash, check, and credit/debit payments.  Please see each request form for pricing   –Marriage Record Request
Civil Union Record Request

What Do I Need?

Use the information below to make sure you have everything you need prior to requesting a certified marriage or civil union record.

More History!

DeKalb County maintains several online databases for genealogical records outside of vitals. Log onto the DeKalb County USGENWEB website at:

A-Z Index Online Records Property Data and Maps Job Opportunities Calendar