Official Government Website
Departments: Court Services

Adult Court Services FAQs

      1. I live in a different county; can my case be transferred?
        Yes, depending on the case type, some cases can be transferred.
      2. I have court today; may I stop by and drop off timesheets/receipts before court?
        You may drop timesheets and receipts, however, it is not guarantee that you hours will be entered on time. Coordinator must contact worksite supervisor for verification of hours or donations. Please be advised due to the pandemic business hours for worksite varies.
      3. When do I need to submit my timesheets or/and donations receipts?
        Timesheets and/or donations recipes need to preferably be submitted a week before your next court date, to ensure documentation is verified and submitted on time.
      4. How do I pay my fines/court costs/restitution?
        All payments, of cash/personal check/money order, need to have the case number included and need to be made to the DeKalb Court Circuit Clerk’s Officer, 133 E. State St. Sycamore, IL 60178 either in person at the office, Monday through Friday 8:30 am to 4:30 pm. or by mail.
        You can also make payments online at
      5. What do I need to bring to obtain a travel permit?
        Probation clients need to provide the following information in order to obtain a travel permit from his/her officer:

        • Dates you will be leaving and returning.
        • Method of travel – if driving we will need the make, model, and license # of the vehicle you will be driving. If flying we will need your flight information.
        • Name of the individuals who will be accompanying you
        • Name and address of where you will be staying
      6. I was ordered to complete a PSI. What is it and what do I need to do?
        A Pre-Sentence Investigation (PSI) is ordered by the courts when there has been a plea or verdict of guilty. You will need to report to the probation department with your court order. An appointment will be scheduled for you. At your appointment you need to bring with you the following:

        • Address verification (example: a piece of mail, or envelope that has been addressed to you)
        • Employment verification (example: check stub, a letter from employer)
        • Education verification (example: diploma, transcripts, certificates)
        • Counseling/Alcohol & Drug Treatment verification (example: available reports or names of agencies/counselors
        • Military verification (example: discharge papers)
      7. I was moved to an Open Reporting caseload. What does that mean?
        If you have been assessed as low-risk your probation officer will discuss moving you to an open reporting caseload. Defendant’s on open reporting will report in person once every three months.


  1. If you have any further questions, please contact the office at 815-895-7193.
A-Z Index Online Records Property Data and Maps Job Opportunities Calendar