Official Government Website
Departments: Court Services

Juvenile Court Services FAQs

    1. How can I be notified of my court date and if there are any changes?
      You can sign up for text and/or email alerts here:
      Alternatively, you can contact the DeKalb County Circuit Clerk at: 815-895-7138
    2. How do I pay my court fines and fees?
      All payments, of cash/personal check/money order, need to have the case number included and need to be made to the DeKalb Court Circuit Clerk’s Officer, 133 E. State St. Sycamore, IL 60178  either in person at the office, Monday through Friday 8:30 am to 4:30 pm. or by mail.
      You can also make payments online at
    3. I was court ordered to complete a pre-adjudication investigation, what is it and how do I complete it?
      A pre-adjudication investigation consists of a probation officer interviewing a juvenile offender and their parent/guardian to obtain information on their family, education, health, etc., to better help the Court understand who the juvenile is. After being ordered to complete a pre-adjudication investigation in court, please go to the Court Services Office to schedule an appointment with an officer to complete it.
    4. Who is allowed to obtain information on a juvenile offender?
      Only the juvenile and their parent(s)/guardian(s) are allowed to obtain information on the juvenile and their case, unless a release of information has been signed by the juvenile and their parent(s)/guardian(s) permitting others to receive information on the juvenile.
    5. What does “Expungement” mean, and how do I go about expunging my juvenile record(s)?
      Expungement means to “erase” or physically destroy records and to obliterate (remove) your name from any official index or public record, making the record off limits to most entities.Cases that were adjudicated may be expunged.  For those cases, the Circuit Clerk sends an expungement packet to the residence of the adjudicated minor.  This packet spells out how to go about getting into Court to ask for an expungement, and walks the minor and their family through what is and is not expungable.

      Cases of Court Supervision are automatically expunged as the case is technically dismissed with successful completion of the sentence.

    6. How young do you have to be for a record to be juvenile?
      Before 2010, prosecutions as an adult started at 17 years of age. However, after 2010, prosecutions as an adult begin at 18 years of age. Depending on how old you were and the year you were arrested, you may have either an adult or a juvenile record.

If you have any further questions, please contact the office at 815-895-7199

A-Z Index Online Records Property Data and Maps Job Opportunities Calendar