Illinois Association of Conservation and Forest Preserve Districts
Created in 1993, the Illinois Association of Conservation and Forest Preserve Districts is a not-for-profit advocacy organization made up of 11 forest preserve districts and five conservation districts. The districts are organized under different state statutes for conservation, education and recreation purposes, and are all governed by tax supported, county or locally elected or appointed boards.
Association members protect and manage approximately 225,000 acres and more than 1,500 miles of trails in Illinois. These public lands are home to many endangered plants and animals; contain some of the nation’s finest forests, prairies, savannas and wetlands; and are important county sites for public education and recreation that serve more than 9.3 million people.
The Association is dedicated to:
- Protecting, preserving, and restoring forests, prairies, wetlands and scenic beauties as well as natural, historic and archeological resources.
- Seeking methods for wise land and water use in the broad public interest.
- Restoring and rehabilitating wildlife and the environment.
- Developing greater outdoor opportunities for people of all abilities, recognizing it as essential to the physical and emotional welfare of the community.
- Promoting best practices for the operation, management, stewardship and safety of public lands, trails and facilities.
Illinois Association of Conservation and Forest Preserve Districts Members
Byron Forest Preserve:
Champaign County Forest Preserve:
DeKalb County Forest Preserve District:
Forest Preserve District of Cook County:
Forest Preserve District of DuPage County:
Forest Preserve District of Kane County:
Forest Preserve District of Kendall County:
Forest Preserve District of Will County:
Lake County Forest Preserves:
Winnebago County Forest Preserve District:
Rock Island County Forest Preserve District:
Boone County Conservation District:
Macon County Conservation District:
McHenry County Conservation District:
Vermillion County Conservation District: