- Who has access to COMPASS?The public can access COMPASS via the internet or from a public computer located in the County’s Administration Building.
- Is there a fee to use COMPASS?There is no fee.
- How can I contact someone with questions or comments?You can contact an Information Management Office (IMO) employee at email@example.com or 815-899-0702
- How often is the site updated?The data that IMO maintains is updated monthly and the public has immediate access to the updated data; however, not all features are created or maintained by IMO. Several County Offices contribute data to the site and their update schedules vary. If you have a question about a specific feature, please refer to the Metadata. The Metadata is located in the COMPASS site as a link in the toolbar (3rd from the right). The Metadata describes the features and lists a “current through” date. If you have questions about a specific feature please email us: firstname.lastname@example.org If it is not a feature that we maintain, we’ll forward your question to the appropriate department.
- I have a question about the accuracy of the data on the site, who should I contact?The IMO maintains the site and most of the features, but some of the data is maintained by other departments. Please feel free to contact us: email@example.com and we can put you in touch with the appropriate department if necessary.
- What are the system requirements to access COMPASS?The Chrome or Firefox browser are required. While some other browsers may work, Internet Explorer will not work correctly. Cookies may need to be enabled for the site to work correctly.
- Who do I contact to purchase data that I see on COMPASS?You can contact an Information Management Office (IMO) employee by e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone 815-899-0702.
- What do I do if the site says 'Loading', but nothing seems to be happening?If the site is sitting idle then it may have time out. Simply refresh your browser or exit and return to the site. This may also occur if we are in the process of updating or making changes to the site. If refreshing your browser does not solve the problem, then please try returning to the site in about 15 minutes. Please keep in mind that the site will not work in Internet Explorer.
- What do I do it the site locks up?Again, this may occur if we are working on the site or if it was idle for too long. Try refreshing your browser.
- How current are the features?Check the Metadata located in the toolbar on the site. It lists the “current through” date for each feature.
- I checked the box next to a feature to turn it on. Why can't I see it?The features in the site are all scale dependent, meaning you have to be at an appropriate scale for them to be displayed. Try zooming in on the map.
- I click on a feature that is supposed to have additional information but no information appears.vThere may be a pop-up blocker installed in your browser that is preventing the new window from appearing with the information. Try turning off the pop-up blocker.
- How can I obtain technical help with COMPASS?You can contact an Information Management Office (IMO) employee by e-mail email@example.com or by phone 815-899-0702.
For additional information, please refer to the Online Videos available at COMPASS videos.