The Regional Office of Education strives to ensure that all educators (teachers, paraprofessionals, administrators, substitutes, and support staff) hold the proper credentials for their positions.
The Regional Office issues, registers, and monitors educator licenses for those seeking to enter the profession, for new educators, for those who want to add endorsements to their existing credentials, for those who are renewing current credentials, and for those who have retired from education.
In addition, the Regional Office of Education…
- conducts recruitment and training opportunities for substitute teachers
- hosts a Pearson-VUE testing center where educators are able to take their required tests
- offers fingerprint-based criminal background checks before educators enter the classroom
- communicates legislative changes in licensure to impacted educators
- works cooperatively with the Illinois State Board of Education to insure the issuance and renewal of educator licenses
For information about specific licensure, please use the links below:
- Paraprofessionals – Effective August 7, 2019 The ISBE Is Not Able To Accept The ETS Paraprofessional Assessment or The Act Workkeys Test to meet the requirements for the Paraprofessional License