Teachers / Administrators
The ROE serves as a liaison between Illinois State Board of Education Licensure Evaluators, applicants, colleges and universities, other state boards of education and personnel departments of the school districts in DeKalb County.
Illinois State Law requires all educators to hold appropriate licensure and meet all qualifications in their assigned administrative and instructional areas. Educators are required to register and renew their license at www.isbe.net for a 5 year period.
The DeKalb County Regional Office of Education provides the following licensure services:
- checks state reports
- maintains substitute and teacher vacancy lists
- evaluates educators’ transcripts to determine additional coursework required to teach other subjects learn subsequent endorsements
- assists educators and DeKalb County school districts with the application, registration, renewal and reinstatement processes.
- Conducts compliance review of educators’ personnel files
- Coordinates reciprocity of out-of-state teaching credentials
- $150.00 application fee for the Professional Educator License (PEL)
- $ 50.00 for each subsequent endorsement application
- $ 50.00 registration fee for the course of the five year renewal cycle
There is also a small processing fee for applications, endorsements, and registrations.
All payments are made online to the Illinois State Board of Education, using a valid credit card
- Professional Development (PD) Value Chart
- NOTE: After July 1, 2014 all professional development activities must be verified with an Evidence of Completion Form issued by an Illinois Approved Professional Development Provider
- Approved Professional Development Providers
- Licensure – Frequently Asked Questions
- Illinois Association of Regional Superintendents of Schools
- Illinois Licensure Testing System
- Licensure Renewal Guidelines
- Information for Out-of-State Candidates
- ISBE Licensure How-To Videos