How to Volunteer
We are blessed with an incredible amount of community involvement in the forms of civic groups, schools, and talented individuals who provide our facility with additional entertainment and social opportunities. A point of nostalgia is our Ice Cream Parlor for the enjoyment and pleasure of our residents, families, and visitors.
What is DCRNCA?
The DeKalb County Rehab & Nursing Center Auxiliary is an organization of men and women who are willing to give of their time to help others.
What is the purpose?
The purpose of the Auxiliary shall be to provide assistance to the Center and its staff for the benefit of the residents. This purpose will be achieved by:
- Giving time to assist residents and staff in areas where help is needed.
- Help raise monies for the purchase of needed equipment and to fund activities.
- Donating new, used and handmade items that would be suitable for sale in the Shop.
1. Activities i.e. crafts, games, projects, etc.
2. Peddler Shop
3. One-on-one visiting
4. Writing letters
5. Reading to residents
6. Accompanying residents to appointments on the VAC bus
7. Support the Auxiliary by being a member
8. Attending Board meetings when possible
Joining the Auxiliary
Members pay dues of $5.00 by June 1st annually.
Life membership is $50.00.
Payment can be sent to:
31705 Hollie Lane
Kingston, IL 60145
- The Auxiliary Board meets at the Rehab & Nursing Center at 1:00 pm on the 2nd Tuesday of February, June, August, October, December.
Special Auxiliary Projects: The Peddler Shop, just off the main lobby, is open every day from 1:00-3:00pm. Our volunteers serve in the shop, and sell items to the residents and visitors. A Christmas Bazaar is held for residents to shop for the holiday. The Auxiliary is remembered by many individuals and organizations who donate monetarily.