Public Health Associate -COVID 19 Response Team
Public Health Associate – COVID-19 Response Team
The DeKalb County Health Department is seeking a full-time (37.5 hours per week) Public Health Associate. The Public Health Associate – COVID-19 Response Team functions as a member of the Communicable Disease Team under the direction of the Communicable Disease (CD) Program Coordinator. This position is funded for 1 year with the possibility of a 1-year extension through the IDPH COVID-19 Contact Tracing Grant.
- Assists with disease investigations and surveillance of reportable communicable diseases specific to COVID-19.
- Under the direction of the COVID-19 clinical team, provides testing, contacting/communicating with residents and community providers regarding COVID-19.
- Provides health education and referrals to confirmed and suspected COVID-19 cases and links individuals to services within the system of care.
- Assures adherence to current isolation/quarantine guidelines.
- Assists Communicable Disease Department with other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalency required. Certified Nurse Assistant (CNA) preferred.
- Two years’ experience working with clients in a public health setting required. One-year experience as clinic aide and / or CNA preferred.
- Ability to establish and maintain positive relationships with the public and employees.
- Requires excellent verbal and written bilingual (English/Spanish) communication skills.
- Intermediate word processing, spreadsheet and database skills.
- Ability to demonstrate proficiency in work-related tasks upon completion of formal and informal training.
- May require some evening and weekend hours.
- Starting salary range of $33,700 to $35,300 annually
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Illinois Health and Dental Insurance (Employee Contribution Required) or Buyout Option
- Term Life Insurance
- Illinois Municipal Retirement Fund Pension (Employee Contribution Required)
- Annual Paid Time Off – starting at 10 vacation days, 12 sick days, 13.5 holidays
- This is an AFSCME Bargaining Unit position